I found a ginger cookie recipe in my old file ( I can't remember where I got it from) and tweaked it. You can leave out the preserved ginger and 25g of flour if you want, but it makes a yummy touch.
Chewy, nutty spice biscuits.
- 200g brown sugar
- 200g butter, softened
- 150g slivered almonds
- 50g ground almonds
- 225g cake flour
- 2g salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5g mixed spice
- 3g ground ginger
- 40g ginger preserved in syrup, chopped
- Preheat oven to 160 C
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well to combine.
- Shape the dough into walnut- sized balls and place, well spaced apart, on a baking paper lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 160 C for about 10- 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack before filling the cookie jar.