Num Num

eat. cook. write.

January 05, 2011

Chewy, nutty spice biscuits

Its 37 C outside and I feel like a cookie in the oven myself. But I've been getting grief from Mrs X's daughter, Mrs Y for not putting up my recipes on this blog. She's the second boss in command so here goes...

I found a ginger cookie recipe in my old file ( I can't remember where I got it from) and tweaked it. You can leave out the preserved ginger and 25g of flour if you want, but it makes a yummy touch.

Chewy, nutty spice biscuits. 





  • 200g brown sugar
  • 200g butter, softened
  • 150g slivered almonds
  • 50g ground almonds
  • 225g cake flour
  • 2g salt
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 5g mixed spice
  • 3g ground ginger
  • 40g ginger preserved in syrup, chopped

    1. Preheat oven to 160 C
    2. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
    3. Add remaining ingredients, mix well to combine.
    4. Shape the dough into walnut- sized balls and place, well spaced apart, on a baking paper lined with baking parchment.
    5. Bake at 160 C for about 10- 15 minutes until golden brown.
    6. Cool on a wire rack before filling the cookie jar. 

No comments: